Five Yankees Who Need A Good Spring Training
Feb 28, 2013; Tampa, FL, USA; A detail of a New York Yankees logo painted on the field for a spring training game against the Toronto Blue Jays at George Steinbrenner Field. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports
Spring Training can be a interesting time. Young guys looking to make a name for themselves. Older guys looking to revive a career. Players looking to get their work in as they prepare for a new season and work on their craft.
For the five Yankees I’m going to talk about in this slideshow, spring training this year is important to them for different reasons. Some are looking to regain their form. Some need to work on their craft. Some need to prove they are healthy and can play again.
The Yankees will need production from all five of these players one way or the other in order to compete this season. Whether it’s the role we expect them to be in, or a new role they’ve never had before they are going to need to produce.
More from Yankees News
- Aaron Judge Time interview scared Yankees as much as it scared you
- Why weren’t Yankees in on Kodai Senga now that we know the price?
- Baseball Reference proves Yankees’ Aaron Judge lives rent free in Boston
- Yankees’ Clay Holmes trade just became even bigger disaster for Pirates
- Mets stealing New York Post’s entire Yankees offseason plan is hilarious
The AL East is wide open. All five of these players can help the Yankees get back to the post-season. Remember you just need to be one of the five. Ask the San Francisco Giants and the Kansas City Royals.
Here are five Yankees who need to have a good spring training.