Carlos Beltran started the season as arguably the New York Yankees coldest hitter throughout April. However, as the season continues it seems he just keeps getting even hotter to keep the Yankees where they are in the division. Beltran has particularly been hot in the month of August and has had a couple of clutch knocks to give the Yankees two of their best wins on the season.
The first one came against the Blue Jays in Toronto where the Yankees were down 3-1 in the top of the eighth. Beltran was called on to pinch hit with two men on and sent a go-ahead blast to center field. The Yankees would go on to win the most important game of the season and find themselves back in first place.
The second came on Monday as the Yankees opened up a series against the Twins. As the game turned out to be a home run derby, Beltran would tie the game in the bottom of the sixth, which would also lead to another Yankees win. Despite Chris Young getting additional playing time against lefties, it doesn’t seem to be hindering Beltran, but actually helping him get the rest he needs.
Beltran’s hitting couldn’t come at a better time with Alex Rodriguez being on a slump, and now Mark Teixeira being day-to-day with his injury. Beltran is paired with Brian McCann as the Yankees’ hottest hitters this month, and the reason they’re still leading the AL East.
More from Yanks Go Yard
- Should Yankees toss short-term extension at Harrison Bader before 2023?
- Yankees chose worst possible player to ring in New Year on 2023 team calendar
- Yankees State of the Farm System Review: Josh Breaux
- Yankees make upside play, sign former Rangers top prospect outfielder
- MLB insider claims favorite emerging in Bryan Reynolds rumors (not Yankees)