Yankees News: Matt Tracy Is Back
Who says you can’t go home again? The Yankees re-acquired Matt Tracy off waivers from the Marlins, who had acquired Tracy off waivers from the Yankees last week, who then went and DFA’d Tracy. Tracy was sent down to AAA Scranton to give the Yankees some more rotation depth.
On Sat April 11, after that 19 inning Yankees/Red Sox game, Tracy had his contact purchased and Chasen Shreve was sent down to AAA. Tracy pitched that Saturday in the Yankees loss. The next day, Tracy was DFA’d to make room for Kyle Davies.
Tracy was claimed by the Marlins on April 18th and sent to their AAA squad. Tracy was then DFA’d by the Marlins on Tuesday and claimed by the Yankees on Wednesday.
It’s long strange trip for Tracy, but the Yankees are happy he’s back. They probably didn’t want to and didn’t expect to lose him in the first place. It’s probably why they claimed him so quickly once Miami got rid of him.
I have a feeling we could see Tracy again up with the big club at some point in 2015.
More from Yanks Go Yard
- Should Yankees toss short-term extension at Harrison Bader before 2023?
- Yankees chose worst possible player to ring in New Year on 2023 team calendar
- Yankees State of the Farm System Review: Josh Breaux
- Yankees make upside play, sign former Rangers top prospect outfielder
- MLB insider claims favorite emerging in Bryan Reynolds rumors (not Yankees)