Yanks Go Yard Radio Rewind-“The Editor’s Desk”
On last night’s episode of the Yanks Go Yard’s Radio “Editor’s Desk” presented by our friends at Knoda.com, co-editor and host Billy Brost was once again joined by his partner in crime, fellow co-editor and co-host Jason Evans. They opened last night’s show by discussing their thoughts on the recent trade between the New York Yankees and Miami Marlins, which sent utility infielder Martin Prado and long-reliever David Phelps to South Beach in exchange for fireballer Nathan Eovaldi, first baseman/outfielder Garrett Jones, and minor league power arm Domingo German.
More from Yankees News
- Yankees chose worst possible player to ring in New Year on 2023 team calendar
- Yankees make upside play, sign former Rangers top prospect outfielder
- Michael Kay’s Anthony Volpe story will get Yankees fans amped for Opening Day
- No, Yankees should not acquire Trevor Bauer for 2023
- Yankees’ Marwin González replaces Red Sox LF in Japan in logical next step
The two editors also discussed what the impact of the trade will be on the Yankees, including whether or not it was a good idea to have an established player in Prado, who can play second base, going in that deal, leaving only rookies Rob Refsnyder and Jose Pirela as the only viable options for the Yankees. Other topics Billy and Jason discussed included:
- Whether or not the Yankees are done with their current 25-man roster
- Who else might be brought in to spring camp on a minor league deal to battle for a rotation spot
- What options the Yankees might have at second base if the rookies fail, including Chase Utley and Jonathan Galvez
- Will Brian Cashman feel the pressure to make a deal for another second baseman if the rookies fail, thus being forced to deal many top prospects in the process
Halfway through the episode, Billy and Jason were joined by fellow Yanks Go Yard staff members, Matt Mirro, and newly-appointed editor of Wahoo’s On First, the Cleveland Indians site in the Fansided MLB Division, Jacob Winters. Topics the four discussed included:
- Jacob and Matt’s reactions to the Yankees/Marlins trade
- A profile of both Domingo German and Gonzalez Germen, picked up from the Mets for cash considerations
- Re-tooling vs. Rebuiliding
- If the Mets get a free pass for being non-competitive vs. the Yankees
- Jacob discussed his instant reaction piece regarding the trade with Miami
- Matt discussed his piece saying that Yankees fans need to wake up to reality
- Whether or not the Yankees sent a message to Alex Rodriguez by acquiring Jones to share DH at-bats
Finally, Billy closed out the episode by congratulating Yanks Go Yard Radio host Ricky Keeler for his recent appointment as the new co-editor of District On Deck, the Washington Nationals’ site on the Fansided MLB Network, and to Wayne Cavadi, who was also named as co-editor of Grading On The Curve, Fansided’s Minor League Baseball site.
Catch up with the episode by clicking here!