Nova Starting Rehab From Tommy John Surgery
Remember Ivan Nova? It has been almost four months since Nova has taken the mound for the Yankees. Nova had the famous Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. Last week Nova began playing catch with very light tossing. Nova is working with Yankees’ pitching coach Larry Rothschild and trainer Steve Donahue. He says he was scared before throwing for the first time after the surgery. The surgery was performed by the famous Doctor James Andrews.
Nova began to feel pain in his right elbow after his start in April against Tampa Bay. The surgery reconstructed the ligament in the elbow that was bothering Nova. The recovery process was tough for Nova, especially the part where Nova is watching his teammates from the dugout. Knowing the passionate competitor he is, you know he really wants to be out there with his team. However, the injury has been a blessing in disguise for Nova. He has been able to spend more time with his family, especially his children.
More from Yankees News
- Yankees chose worst possible player to ring in New Year on 2023 team calendar
- Yankees make upside play, sign former Rangers top prospect outfielder
- Michael Kay’s Anthony Volpe story will get Yankees fans amped for Opening Day
- No, Yankees should not acquire Trevor Bauer for 2023
- Yankees’ Marwin González replaces Red Sox LF in Japan in logical next step
Nova plans to spend the off-season rehabbing at the Yankees minor league facility in Tampa. Hopefully, he can return to top form and can reclaim his nickname “Super Nova.”