Roster News: Yankees DFA Chris Leroux, Activate Michael Pineda
It seems like it’s been forever, a lifetime ago, when hopes were still high, and things were working according to plan. Then Pinetar Gate occurred, followed by a suspension, an injury while attempting to stay sharp, and multiple setbacks on the road to recovery. Well, since that last week of April, the Yankees are clinging to life support in their attempt to stay relevant in the AL East and Wild Card races. A step towards doing just that will occur tonight, as Michael Pineda makes his long-awaited return to the mound for the Yankees tonight in their rain-shortened series finale against the host Baltimore Orioles.
More from Yankees News
- Yankees trade Lucas Luetge for 2 intriguing Braves prospects after DFA
- Never forget Miguel Andújar wrecked Yankees’ Nolan Arenado trade
- Diamondbacks outfielder’s comment on Carlos Rodón’s IG raises eyebrows
- Aaron Judge Time interview scared Yankees as much as it scared you
- Why weren’t Yankees in on Kodai Senga now that we know the price?
In the corresponding move to activate Pineda, the Yankees have designated pitcher Chris Leroux for assignment. He’s been up and down a couple of times this season. Pineda and the Yankees hope to avoid a sweep at the hands of first place Baltimore, which would put them 7 games back in the AL East, and basically leave the team grasping at straws to make one final postseason push in this, Captain Derek Jeter‘s final season in the Bronx.