Between the call-ups of Luis Severino and Greg Bird, the New York Yankees’ prospects have been the talk of the town, but while Severino and Bird are making a name for themselves in New York, the Yankees still have some prospects who are doing damage in the minors.
This week’s Yankees Minor League Player of the Week goes to outfielder Ben Gamel, who just recently ended a 12-game hitting streak.
During the last seven games, Gamel hit .333 with eight hits, five runs, three doubles, two home runs and three RBIs. On Aug. 9, Gamel picked up three hits with two RBIs.
Aaron Judge continues to tear through the minors. Last week, The Judge hit .368 with two home runs and nine RBIs. With Judge, it’s not a matter of will he get to the Yankees but instead, when will he get there.
More from Yankees Minor Leagues
- Yankees State of the Farm System Review: Josh Breaux
- Early prices for Yankees 2022 Bowman Draft cards are absurd
- Reflecting on the 2013 New York Yankees’ top 10 prospects
- Yankees add to championship core with Wilmer Difo signing
- Yankees’ Jasson Dominguez ranks in tough spot on Arizona Fall League Top Prospects list