The revolving door that is the Yankees bullpen continues. Kyle Davies we hardly knew ya. Davies was DFA’d today and Joel De La Cruz was summoned from AA Trenton. De La Cruz will serve as the long man until Esmil Rogers is ready and until Chasen Shreve can come back.
So what’s with all the DFA action and the revolving door of players? You’re answer is right here.
Well that certainly explains it.
De La Cruz is 25 years old out of the Dominican Republic. The right-hander was a starter at AA and AAA, going 7-9 with a 4.44 ERA in 28 games. In 121.2 innings, he gave up 134 hits, walked 37 and struck out 77. He made one start at AA so far this season, going three hitless and shutout innings.
Davies hadn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 until last night, when he pitched 2.1 shutout innings, giving up three hits and striking out two.
More from Yanks Go Yard
- What does Carlos Rodón’s new jersey number mean for Domingo Germán?
- 3 lefty relievers Yankees can still sign without breaking the bank
- Red Sox living in different financial ‘galaxy’ than Yankees Killer Rafael Devers
- Yankees slice surprising fan favorite off roster to make room for Tommy Kahnle
- Yankees announce corresponding move, make Carlos Rodón signing official