Bomber Bites: 10 Bold Yankees Predictions For 2015
Well friends, we’ve reached the end of the line of 2014. On today’s final day it’s not only a time to look back at 2014 but to look ahead at 2015. With that in mind, it’s time to go out on a limb. Time to be bold. Time to make some bold predictions on what will happen in 2015. Will all of these come to fruition? Of course not, but it’s time to look into the crystal ball and pick some winners. Here we go.
1. Alex Rodriguez fails his Spring Training Physical and has to retire.
2. Yoan Moncada gets cleared by OFAC in March and signs with the Yankees.
3. Jose Pirela and Rob Refsnyder both make the opening day roster in A-Rod’s place. Pirela starts a game at every position but first and catcher.
4. Michael Pineda leads the Yankees in wins with 17
5. Carlos Beltran plays 140 games and has a .280/25/90 season
6. Yankees to make their major league debut besides Refsnyder include Luis Severino, Tyler Austin, Jacob Lindgren and Gary Sanchez
7. Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller split closer role all year long and combine for 39 saves
8. CC Sabathia only makes 10 starts and then misses the rest of the season. Bryan Mitchell starts in his place the rest of the season.
9. The Yankees finish with 85 wins and miss the playoffs
10. Because of this, both Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman are let go at the end of the season.
What do you guys think? Any bold predictions? Happy New Year!