Minor League Roster Moves: Mark Payton Promoted To Tampa
Yankees’ 7th round pick Mark Payton has made a smooth transition to pro ball in the minors, and has played more like a first rounder rather than a 7th rounder. So it comes as no surprise that he has already been promoted to Tampa after only spending about a week in Charleston. Payton was a star at Texas, and had an NCAA record with 102 straight games getting on base. Since the start of his pro career, Payton is hitting .357 with 27 hits and an impressive 13 walks. He will bring a big boost to the Tampa Yankees’ offense.
In other minor league news, Yeicok Calderon was sent to Charleston as a corresponding move, he was hitting .244 with 2 home runs and 16 RBI with Tampa this year. He will look to get his game back on track after being an All-Star last year, and hitting 15 home runs.
More from Yankees Minor Leagues
- Early prices for Yankees 2022 Bowman Draft cards are absurd
- Reflecting on the 2013 New York Yankees’ top 10 prospects
- Yankees add to championship core with Wilmer Difo signing
- Yankees’ Jasson Dominguez ranks in tough spot on Arizona Fall League Top Prospects list
- Yankees protect only 1 top prospect from 2022 Rule 5 Draft, take major risk