Orioles-Yankees Preview: Four Games, Two Cities
By Ricky Keeler
Over the weekend, the Yankees continued their winning ways against the Toronto Blue Jays. They were able to get the three game sweep and extend their lead over the Boston Red Sox to 1.5 games in the AL East. Now, they will play an unusual series against the Baltimore Orioles. They will be playing three games at home before using their scheduled travel day to play a makeup game in Camden Yards on Thursday afternoon. If you recall the series during Hurricane Irene, the Orioles did not want to play a doubleheader that Friday so the game got moved to Thursday even with New York’s disapproval.
For the Bombers, they have a good chance to win eight straight before going on their final West Coast trip of the season this weekend. Baltimore is a team that is in another dismal season and may have to find a new person to run their baseball operations for 2012 if/when president Andy Macphail leaves.
Here is what I talk about on the podcast below:
- Blue Jays-Yankees Recap
- Joe Girardi sticking with Six Men
- Pitching Matchups
- Matusz gives up the long ball
- Garcia’s still my Game 3 starter
- Tommy Hunter – Baltimore’s ace of the future?
- Hughes the odd man out
- Britton’s haunting Yankee Stadium experience
- The origin of the no-name trend!
- Burnett’s change in mechanics
- chance to at least make the postseason roster
- Nova’s mental toughness
- Cashman a fit in Baltimore?