That game was a doozy, here’s a few things I need to address:
- I thought it was over with the six-run seventh. God damn, they let that one slip away.
- Story of AJ’s season: one bad inning ruins an otherwise quality outing.
- Motherfuck (Phil Hughes and) the bullpen. Brad Lidge looks like an upgrade at this point.
- Swisher: Please, I’m begging you, hit something. ANYTHING. Jesusmotherfuckingchrist, you haven’t done shit this entire postseason. Come on, there’s only so far that clubhouse-chemistry shit will get you. Please get a hit. 3-for-29 with one RBI in the playoffs is unacceptable. Put down the bong and get focused.
- Tex finally came through with something, that’s refreshing.
- If Jose Molina starts another game then Girardi better get his head examined.
- GIVE GARDNER A GODDAM START, SIT SWISHER FOR (AT LEAST) ONE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Girardi’s over-managing is not sitting well. Get your head out of your ass, Joe!
- I don’t know if it was 2004’s doing, but I just can’t relax with a lead in the ALCS. Pettitte and the Yanks better shut these bastards down in Game 6. Don’t let these a-holes back in the series; I don’t care if you have to start CC on short rest again, WIN GAME 6 AT ALL COSTS! I can’t stress that enough.
That’s all I got for now. Expect more when I sober up.