Another instant classic
Game 2 of the ALCS was one of the best games I’ve ever seen. I’m at a loss for words. I can’t think straight, so here are some random thoughts from that game:
- Tex was making some absurd defensive plays in that 4th inning; the scoop on the A-Rod throw and the Molina play too. Although he did go 0-for-5, it doesn’t matter when he plays D like that.
- AJ was on-point and mowing guys down before that 5th inning. He sometimes gets like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; sometimes you never know from one pitch to the next what you’ll get from him. I don’t know if it was the cold or rain or what, but he just came undone in the 5th. Sac up Burnett. If not for the 5th inning, they probably would have covered the 1 1/2 runs I needed them to win by.
- Coke hung in there in the 7th against Abreu, I liked what I saw with his appearance. Coke: he’s the real thing!
- On the other hand, Joba pitched like an asshole against Hunter. How do you lose a guy after going up 0-2? Come on Joba, you better get used to being in the bullpen because that’s where you belong.
- Jeter slugged his 19th career postseason tater, however, he kind of looked like shit in the field. I never thought I would ever mutter a bad thing about Jeet, but he kind of looked like an ass out there (obviously he gets a free pass). I hope it was just the cold.
- From this day forward I will never, ever, ever, everevereverever take A-Rod’s name in vain. He looks like a new hitter this postseason. Holy shit. Good for him, and let’s hope he keeps it up. I wonder if Kate Hudson’s poon cures postseason choking.
- The new Yankee stadium has seen some diesel games in its first year. I’m excited about what’s to come in that place.