For this week’s episode of the Yanks Go Yard show, the central focus revolved around Japanese pitching sensation Masahiro Tanaka. Tanaka signed with the Yankees on Wednesday for seven years and $155 million. When you add in the $20 million posting fee, you get $175 million, the same amount the Mariners paid for Felix Hernandez. Tanaka was the Yankees’ Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, and even Plan D, but they took the necessary risk to improve the rotation.
For this episode, we had two special guests join me to talk Tanaka and all things New York Yankees. Our guests were Yanks Go Yard insider Gavin Ewbank and Delia Enriquez from BronxBaseballDaily and YESNetwork.com. Here are the topics that were discussed on the show:
- Reaction To The Tanaka Signing
- Is David Robertson The Right Choice For The Closer Role?
- Backup First Baseman Options For Mark Teixeira
- Yankees’ Interest In Stephen Drew
- What to Expect From CC Sabathia in 2014
- Our Yankee Yell Topics (Brett Gardner, The Steinbrenner Brothers, and yes, Alex Rodriguez)