The 2013 Major League Baseball All-Star Game was filled with magical moments. The best of these turned an otherwise uneventful night into a memorable one. Here are the Yanks Go Yard Top Five Moments of the Game:
- The salute to the military veterans before the game. Players honored them as our real heroes.
- The tribute to Mariano Rivera. Rivera entered the game from the bullpen with the entire field to himself. Fans, players, coaches and everyone else honored him with a standing ovation.
- Neil Diamond sang “Sweet Caroline.” Not too many could be a worthy opening act for Mariano, but of course Diamond was. He is not only a great singer. He is a great American.
- Marc Anthony sang “God Bless America.” His passion made this one of his greatest performances.
- Tom Seaver throwing out the first pitch. No player has meant more to the Mets organization. Seaver will always be Amazin’.
The best news of the night was that Robinson Cano could be okay and ready for the game Friday. His initial status was “day to day.”
The American League won 3-0. The star of the night, of course, was MVP Mariano Rivera. Good times never seemed so good.