- Mark Teixeira‘s hit streak ended at five games.
- The Yankees are off today and travel to Detroit to face the Tigers (23-27) beginning tomorrow.
- The Yanks are 4-2 in the first six games of the nine-game road trip
- Former Yankees favorite Hideki Matsui was called up and started in the outfield for the Tampa Bay Rays last night. The Yanks are scheduled to play the Rays at home beginning June 5th.
- With the Yankees win and the Baltimore Orioles and Rays losing last night, the Yanks find themselves only one game back in the loss column.
Check back later this morning as Jimmy Kraft provides details of the Yankees issues with runners in scoring position (1-for-4 last night). I’ll do my best to sum up the Yankees first two months of the season with a post set for the evening.
Topics: Alex Rodriguez, Baltimore Orioles, Boone Logan, Cory Wade, Curtis Granderson, Derek Jeter, Detroit Tigers, Ervin Santana, Hideki Matsui, Howie Kendrick, Ivan Nova, Joe Girardi, Mark Teixeira, Mark Trumbo, New York Yankees, Nick Swisher, Rafael Soriano, Raul Ibanez, Robinson Cano, Russell Martin, Tampa Bay Rays, Yankees