Well, Yankees’ fans, tonight is the night. It is do or die. You lose and you go home wondering what could have been. The guy you are putting your hopes in is… A.J Burnett? Yes, the hopes of the season are on a pitcher who is 11-11 on the season and can’t seem to ever get his stuff together. However, I think the Yankees will get a good start from A.J tonight. if not, they go right to Phil Hughes and hope that the offense wakes up against Rick Porcello.
Last night, I saw a lot of fans giving up on the series after Detroit had taken a 3-2 lead in the 5th inning. This team did not win the AL East and play as well as they did and not go down without a fight. Tonight, they have to come out and play aggressive against Porcello from the get go. Basically, no one expects you to win this game and it’s like I said at the beginning of the series, the Yankees need to embrace the underdog role.
Here is what I talk about on the podcast:
- Game 3 Recap
- Focus on Swisher, A-Rod, Tex, and yes Derek Jeter
- Sorry Soriano does it again
- Verlander’s success vs. CC’s failures
- Game 4 preview
- good momentum for AJ and Porcello
- Burnett’s success vs. Detroit
- He does have postseason experience
- Porcello’s love of the groundball
- Batter vs. Pitcher success
- Phil Hughes vs. Brad Penny maybe?
- battle of the bullpens