As the Yankees (90-58) head north of the border to take on the Toronto Blue Jays (75-74), they find their lead in the AL East to be up to almost five games with just fourteen to go. Toronto is going to be a tough team to knock off. We all know about their home run rampages they can put on in the Rogers Centre and they are looking to have a winning season in John Farrell’s first year as manager. New York is 10-5 against the Jays, but they have only outscored them by eight runs. With Tampa and Boston battling it out at Fenway this weekend, the Bombers should see their AL East and playoff magic numbers go down if they handle their business.
Here are some notes on upcoming podcasts:
- There will be NO podcast on Monday – It is only a makeup game. There will be one on Tuesday when NY starts a four game series with the Rays. We do have the pitching matchup in all likelihood which is in this podcast.
- I want to hear from you: Comment either this preview or ask me a question on Twitter: @arth65456 if you want to be part of the preview. If you listen to past podcasts, you know I always include my listeners who ask questions!
Without further adieu, here are my topics I discuss on the podcast:
- Yankees-Mariners recap
- When I think the Yankees will lock everything up
- Pitching Matchups
- CC’s 2nd crack at 20 wins
- Cecil: Best of times, worst of times
- Colon and Garcia’s struggles up north
- Alvarez – another unknown, but efficient
- McGowan’s long return back
- Jose Bautista HR prediction
- Rasmus is back, but keep an eye on another CF
- A-Rod is back (Hopefully)
- Twins-Yankees Monday matchup