This week has produced so many crazy events whether it be the four hour rain delayed game on Tuesday, the makeup game in Baltimore on Thursday, or the back-to-back extra inning games. New York(87-55) is now out west to continue their ten game road trip against an old rival, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (78-65). Just as the Yankees are trying to hold off the Red Sox in the AL East, the Angels are in a race out West with the Texas Rangers.
For this series, the Halos will throw out their three top pitchers in what should bring a playoff feel to this series. The Yankees did struggle against the O’s, but it goes to show you that the bottom three of this division are going to play a huge role in who takes the title home. Just look at the Red Sox, who lost three of four to Toronto after the Yankees swept them last weekend.
Here is what I talk about on the podcast
- Yankees-Orioles Recap
- Are the Yankees trying to win the AL East?
- Pitching Matchups
- Colon going back to what works
- Weaver’s struggles in 2nd half
- CC’s quest for 20 wins
- Dan Haren – the unknown ace
- Ervin Santana = hottest Angel pitcher
- Garcia’s dominance out West
- Trumbo vs. Nova – tale of the tape
- Bobby Abreu’s pesky splits vs. Yankees
- Angels bullpen shines brightly
- little 9/11 perspective on the 10th anniversary
You can follow me on Twitter if you want to contribute questions/comments to any future podcasts: @arth65456
Have a good weekend and God Bless America!!!