- So was not activated before today’s game, but he will be before Friday’s tilt against the Orioles. He threw back-to-back games on Sunday and Monday, so the team felt it was best to wait given tomorrow’s off day.
- Girardi said before today’s game that Pedro Feliciano will most likely not pitch this season. “I would think so, yeah. He’s not doing much.” Feliciano is in Tampa “trying” to play catch, according to the skipper. Anybody who knows anything could see this coming for a while.
- Damaso Marte, on the other hand, is still throwing bullpens in Tampa so it’s possible he could play late in the season.
- A-Rod, who is coming off knee surgery, will do his rehab work with the Yankees as opposed to in Tampa. Girardi said he wasn’t sure when Al would begin baseball activities but the team has a date in mind. They’re still holding out hope that he returns in mid-August.
- The reason Eric Chavez wasn’t in the starting lineup today is because it’s a day game after a night game and he’s played
seven out of eight days. It’s probably better the err on the side of caution when you’re dealing with Nick Johnson 2.0.
- Girardi has said that Cy Colon will start one of the games during Saturday’s doubleheader against the O’s. The starter for the other game is still TBA. SuperNova is a favorite to pitch — the team has said health is not an issue for him — but Girardi is still thinking about things they could do with the rotation.