The Yankees win, theeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win…twice in one day to complete the rare sweep of Pennsylvania. I guess we can start printing those World Series tickets as the Yankees beat the Phils 7-5 and the Pirates 6-0 in split-squad action. OK, everyone can take their fingers off the panic button now as the Yanks improved their spring record to 3-4.
- It didn’t take long for the injury bug to spread, as Chan Ho Park missed his first live batting practice throwing session today…due to a sore butt. You can’t make that stuff up (I pray this Yankees team doesn’t wind up like last year’s New York Football Giants. My heart can’t take that kind of abuse in consecutive seasons). There is some shades of Carl Pavano with Chan Ho, but at least Park didn’t cost $39.95 million. Plus, Park has been rescheduled to throw tomorrow. However, if he gets in a car accident and doesn’t tell the team I will come looking for his head on a stick.
- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Apparently everyone’s favorite former goat was treated by Dr. Galea on his road to redemption. Say it ain’t so A-Rod.
- Mariano Rivera feeling “delicious” after throwing on Monday. That’s good, I think.
- And the front runner of the Joba/Phil battle for the fifth spot in the rotation is…Alfredo Aceves?!?!?! Wow, I bet no one saw that coming. Although it’s still early and there’s a lot of time to blow that spot, it’s still mind-boggling.
- Francisco Cervelli is set to resume baseball actions on Tuesday, just three days after suffering his second concussion this offseason. I’m glad, Frankie is fun to watch and root for. He’s a good guy and has the potential to be a stud in the majors.
- With Brandon Webb injured, Ian Kennedy will most likely get the third/fourth spot in the D’Bags rotation. I wish him well, but I’m not sure how I feel about him getting a 2009 WS ring after pitching one September game last year.
- Yanks spring training press box not so luxurious for the visiting team’s reporters. Who cares? It’s not like you have to watch these games anyway.
- Gossage is full of Goose shit if he thinks Mo isn’t the greatest of all time.