The Yankees are not willing to spend more than $2 million on a left field upgrade. In other news: Hell has finally frozen over. I honestly thought I’d see the Devil in a snowball fight before I heard about the Yankees not wanting to spend more money. What is this world coming to?
Apparently Cashman doesn’t want the 2010 payroll to surpass 2009’s. This, of course, means that unless Damon wants to take a HUGE pay cut don’t expect to see him in pinstripes next season. The Yanks have other options and do not feel like dealing with Scott Boras over his 36-year-old, sub-par left fielder…Oh well, Johnny shouldn’t have scoffed at the Yanks’ original two-year offer. Look at how far that got him.
On to the links:
- Everybody can breathe a sigh of relief: it’s Jeter’s sister that is getting hitched, not Captain himself. However, she’s marrying a rapper named Skyzoo. You can’t make this stuff up.
- Not sure if you were aware, but there was a time when the Yanks sucked. This was a long, long time ago; let’s hope we don’t revisit those days for a while.
- Remember when the Yankees won the World Series? That was awesome. RAB has a video highlighting the 2009 season…Fast forward 57 seconds in to see the Luis Castillo drop.
- Melk Dog avoided arbitration with the Bravos and will earn about 3.1 million in 2010. With that in mind, it’s probably better the Yanks got rid of him. I love Melky, but he isn’t worth $3.1 mill.
- Johnny Damon could be joining Hinske and Melk Dog in the A-T-L if he doesn’t lower his demands.
- Wine tasting at Yankee Stadium? Why not? Hell, they just had a champagne tasting there in November. I just hope their wine is cheaper than the beer.
On another note, whenever life is getting you down just think, “Hey, at least I don’t root for the Mets.” And if you do root for the Mets, I have no sympathy for you.
Just over a month until pitchers and catchers report. Let’s go Yanks, make it a repeat!!!!