And we’re back.
I hate to do it, but for the first post of the new year I must bring bad news to all who thought they had a shot with Mr. November: Derek Jeter is apparently ready to shed his bachelor status and tie the knot with Minka Kelly. Wow, I never thought I’d see the day…I just hope Captain’s marriage goes better than another Gillette spokesperson’s (who shall remain nameless) did.
* * * * *
To help ring in the new year, I thought I’d offer up some Yankees-related links. You’re welcome.
- Aroldis Chapman has apparently signed with the Reds.
- Mike Stanton is set to manage…the Don Bosco Ironmen in North Jersey. Bosco was one of my high school’s rivals and I’m not going to make any snide comments about the school, but just check out what some people think about it.
- Check out how some of the Yanks are doing in Winter Ball.
- Look who came crawling back after not getting a big payday elsewhere. That greedy old bastard will get nothing and like it.
- Don’t be surprised to see Jerry Hairston back in pinstripes next season. His versatility is unmatched in this day and age.
- This is kind of old news, but Hinske inked with the Bravos. You know what that means: expect Atlanta to be in the World Series next season.
Only 38 more days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training; happy new year and let’s go Yanks!