In the interest to keeping you informed on the different statistics we use in our stories, we’d like to give you a quick rundown of each. We’ll be updating this as we go along, so every time you see us use xFIP, but don’t know what that is, come here and click on the corresponding link. It’s a great tool to have and we’re glad to provide that for you.
- wRC+ (weighted Runs Created)
- wOBA (weighted On-Base Average) [COMING SOON]
- BABIP (Batting Average on Balls In Play) [COMING SOON]
- UZR and UZR/150 (Ultimate Zone Rating and Ultimate Zone Rating per 150 games) [COMING SOON]
- DRS (Defensive Runs Saved) [COMING SOON]