On this episode of the Yanks Go Yard Series Preview Show, we took a mini-look back at the New York Yankees’ (7-6) series win over the Boston Red Sox. Meanwhile, the Yankees have picked up a case of the injury bug with the news that catcher/first baseman Francisco Cervelli will be out 4-6 weeks due to a strained hamstring.
Plus, we look ahead to a series that does not occur very often. The Chicago Cubs (4-8) come into Yankee Stadium for the first time since they played in the old Yankee Stadium back in 2005. This is a team that has a promising future with some prospects like Javier Baez and Kris Bryant for the fan base to look to in 2015. To discuss the Cubs, we were joined by Jacob Misener, the editor of Cubbies Crib. If you like the intro to our radio show, please send Jacob a thank you for helping to set that up for us.
Here are the topics we discussed on the show:
- Why the Cubs’ play isn’t indicative of their 4-8 record?
- The Cubs’ closer by committee situation (Jose Veras and company)
- Chicago’s young squad not closing out games
- Jason Hammel pitching in a familiar setting
- Reaction in Chicago to Masahiro Tanaka‘s hot start
- Travis Wood trying to save the Cubbies’ bullpen
- Michael Pineda overshadowed by the pine tar
- The spark plug that is Emilio Bonifacio (.392 batting average, 7 stolen bases)
- Anthony Rizzo‘s home run potential
- Yankees’ Player To Watch: Kelly Johnson
For the best deals on all games on the Yankees schedule check out TiqIQ.com