During the offseason, the team here at Yanks Go Yard is bringing back a 30 minute show each and every week that talks about the latest New York Yankees’ news and notes surrounding their free agent plans. On last week’s Winter Meetings’ shows, I talked about how the Bronx Bombers were going to wait until after leaving Orlando to fix some of the holes in the infield and the bullpen. This week, they made progress by signing former Baltimore Orioles’ second baseman Brian Roberts and former Boston Red Sox’ lefty specialist Matt Thornton to one and two-year deals respectively. Now, they await on the potential posting of Japanese pitching phenom Masahiro Tanaka.
On this episode, co-editor Jason Evans and staff writer Scott Alfano joined me to talk about the positives of the Roberts’ signing as a potential platoon player with Kelly Johnson as well as discussing the negatives of adding Matt Thornton over other bullpen options.
Here are the other topics that we discussed on the show:
- Shin-Soo Choo‘s reported rejection of the 7 year- $140 million offer.
- The latest surrounding Masahiro Tanaka‘s potential posting
- Free Agents/Trade Options remaining for New York
- How bad the infield could be in 2014? Is Mark Teixeira the glue to the infield?
- Gary Sheffield’s comments about Cano regretting leaving the Yankees
- Is Cano going to regret leaving New York when all is said and done?