As the All-Star festivities continue on at Citi Field in Flushing, most of the Yankees (except for Robinson Cano and Mariano Rivera) are resting up for the second half for the season. The New York Yankees (51-44) had a first half filled of ups and downs. The team got off to a hot start and even was in first place in the division for a while, temporarily removing the questions of budget and payroll and injuries that plagued the team in the offseason. As of late, those questions have crept back up again, especially after the team had a rough end to their homestand, going 3-4 against the Royals and the Twins. So, with the Yankees playing 15 of their first 18 games of the second half on the road, what can fans expect from them in the second half and what should they take away from the first half of the season?
On this episode of the Yanks Go Yard Show, presented by BaldVinny.com, I decided to take a unique twist to recapping the Yankees’ first half. For this show, I invited four other Yankees’ writers to join the show and give their take on some of the hot topics surrounding the New York Yankees. Our esteemed panel included Matthew Bove from Yankees Fans Unite, Stacey Gotsulias from It’s All About The Money, William Juliano from The Captain’s Blog, and Andrew Mearns from Pinstriped Bible.
Here are the topics that we discussed on the show:
- Have the Yankees exceeded your expectations so far this season?
- Surprises/Disappointments of the 1st half
- Who is the favorite in the AL East right now?
- Will Phil Hughes be traded?
- What to expect from Michael Pineda in the 2nd half?
- Players the Yankees can target at the deadline (Justin Morneau, Kendrys Morales, etc.)
- The Robinson Cano money debate
- Where will the Yankees be come October 1st?
Tags: New York Yankees