Two of the New York Yankees affiliates, Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Double-A Trenton won their respective divisions are in the midst of the first round in their postseason. Some SWB members got to leave the roving bus and were called up to join the Yankees for the stretch run. The rest of the teams have now completed their season. Let’s check out how the teams fared since the last report.
International League North (AAA) – Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (84-60, 1st place)
- SWB won the IL North division by five games over the Pawtucket Sox.
- Trail the Paw Sox two games to none in first round of IL playoffs.
- Eduardo Nunez, Chris Dickerson, Francisco Cervelli, Justin Thomas, Cory Wade and Adam Warren were called up when Major League rosters expanded on September 1.
- SWB’s Dave Miley was named the 2012 International League Manager of the Year. It is the second time Miley has won the honor.
Eastern League Eastern (AA) – Trenton Thunder, (79-63, 1st place)
- Won the Eastern League East Division by three games over Reading.
- Trenton is tied at one game apiece in the first round of the playoffs with Reading.
- David Aardsma is rehabbing with the Thunder.
- The Yankees and the Thunder extended their relationship through the 2022 season.
Florida State League (Advanced A) – Tampa Yankees (First Half: 30-36, 12 GB; Second Half: 35-33, 4th place)
- Tampa lost their last three games and fell short of the second-half division title by three games.
- Nik Turley and Kyle Roller were named to the FSL Post-Season All-Star Team.
South Atlantic League Southern (A) – Charleston RiverDogs (First Half: 39-28, 3rd place 6.5 GB; Second Half: 34-35, 4th place 10.5 GB)
- Finished off the season on a five-game win streak and winners of ten out of their last eleven.
- Their 73-63 overall record was the best since 2008.
New York/Penn League (Class A Short Season) – Staten Island Yankees (30-45, last place, 21.5 GB)
- Went 3-3 since the last report but had a disappointing season one year after winning their sixth league championship.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie) – Gulf Coast Yankees (35-25, 3rd place, 1 GB)
- Jerison Lopez was named to the GCL All-Star team.
For a daily recap of the top performances around minor league baseball check out The Prospect Pulse on Seedlings to Stars.
Tags: New York Yankees