- Mark Teixeira is finally hitting to the opposite field, meaning that he may not be the King of Pop(ups) for a second year in a row now. And some see it as a great sign – so much so they are going so far as to predict Teix will be right at the top of the MVP balloting this year.
- Nick Swisher is recovering well from his groin injury. He played five innings in a minor league game today.
- William at IATMS knows that Robinson Cano is good. But exactly how good is he?
- Phil Hughes has unofficially been given an official spot in the Yankees starting rotation, leaving the question of the fifth starter down to Freddy Garcia and Michael Pineda.
- But with Garcia’s solid performance yesterday and Pineda’s
uglyless than solid performance yesterday, coupled with Pineda’s shoulder “soreness,” it looks as though Garcia will start the year in the #5 spot.