- We knew that expensive, long-term contracts would limit the Yankees’ ability to acquire new talent at some point, and it looks like that point may have arrived. Chad Jennings at the Journal News notes the Yankees’ reluctance to spend money on big name pitching after extending CC Sabathia‘s contract early this offseason.
- But despite all signs pointing toward the Yankees willingness to go into 2012 with the current rotation, there are still exciting starters available and IIATMS has a great profile of one Matt Garza.
- If you’ve lost track of the 40-man roster up to this point, River Avenue Blues has you covered.
- And Joe at RAB tells us why he can’t fault the Yankees for the A.J. Burnett contract, given the circumstances surrounding the deal at the time it was made.
- Finally, Joe Torre is in the news because of his hopes of being part of the new Dodgers’ ownership group, and William at the Flagrant Fan took a look at Torre’s success as a manager since joining the Yankees in 1996.
You can follow Robbie (@clarkbar213) and Yanks Go Yard (@YanksGoYardFS) on Twitter and “like” YGY on Facebook.