Dellin Betances will make his first major league start — second appearance — in tonight’s regular season finale in Tampa. The team will use it’s “A lineup” for the most part, but there are a few wrinkles. Check it out, along with some news and links, after the jump.
- Jeet SS
- Grandy CF
- Tex 1B
- Cano DH
- A-Rod 3B
- Swish Dog RF
- Andruw Jones LF
- Jesus C
- Eddie Nunez 2B
- If Jeter gets a hit in his first at-bat tonight, he will be at .300. I wonder if Girardi will take a page from the Mets playbook and pull him if he records that first-inning hit. A 2-for-4 game would also give him a .300 average.
- SuperNova has been channeling Andy Pettitte in preparation for his first playoff start.
- Speaking of playoffs, Cashman wouldn’t commit to Jorge being on the roster. Joel Sherman says that Jorge’s presence on the roster depends if the Yanks are playing the lefty-laden Rangers or the heavily-righty Tigers.
- Many of the beat writers are speculating that Cy Colon has thrown his last pitch in pinstripes, which would be a shame.
- Mark Feinsand discusses Cano’s move to the three-hole and why he should stay there.
- John Harper thinks the Yanks have what it takes to bring home #28. Let’s hope he knows what he’s talking about.
Tonight marks the final stress-free baseball game that will be played for the next six months. Enjoy it because it all begins on Friday at 8:37 p.m.