Just one more meaningless game against the Yankees future stars today, and then the games ACTUALLY MATTER!!!! Here are some links to tide you over until the Yankees open the season tomorrow in Beantown (Boston massacre 2010?):
- Andy Pettitte pitched into the fifth inning during his final spring tuneup. It was just his second official game of the spring due to the rain, but the lefty still had a solid outing.
- Another Spring Training game, another injury for the Yanks. This time it was, you guessed it, Nick Johnson going down. Nick The Stick fouled a ball off his right knee and is listed as day-to-day.
- A-Rod finally met with MLB regarding his involvement with Canadian doctor Anthony Galea. The slugger insisted everything went well, contrary to prior reports, but his purple lips are still tightly sealed about the subject. However, he still denies taking drugs.
- Big Bad Mo. Rivera beaned Felix Pie yesterday and then took steps towards the Orioles dugout, possibly in defense of Tex and Cervelli getting beaned earlier this week.
- The Yanks are itching to get out of Florida and start the season.
- Tune into MSG at 10:30 pm on April 6 to watch The Line-Up and help decide the greatest second baseman in the history of NY baseball. Every Tuesday thereafter the guys will break down a different position and name the greatest NY player from each.
- Roger Clemens responds to the rumors that he has a dinky wang. If I were Mindy McCready (and thank God I’m not) I’d watch my back. He might go after her like he did Piazza.
- Containing one of the most disturbing photoshops ever, Nomaas.org takes a look at the three best teams in the AL East, nay, in baseball. I’m warning you, that picture may scar you for life…but it is a good read. Here’s part two, with a MUCH less frightening pic.