Much to my surprise, the Yankees signed right-hander Chan Ho Park early this morning to a one-year deal worth $1.2 million and another $300,000 in incentives. I’m all for bolstering up the bullpen, but it seems like this move came out of nowhere. Plus he’ll be 37 in June…I thought this team was trying to get younger. I hope this doesn’t affect Joba and the rotation, he belongs in the ‘pen.
Check out RAB’s take on this issue.
Elsewhere in the Universe:
- Evil never dies, as George Steinbrenner is “feeling good” while watching his grandson in Tampa.
- Posada and Girardi wish Johnny Damon well. That makes two of us.
- CC the next David Wells? I hope, for the sake of Sabathia’s liver, it’s not true. But having another Boomer wouldn’t be a bad thing.
- Posada mentoring the young backstops.
- Don’t you just hate liars? Me too.