With the Yanks just about done with making moves this offseason, I thought I’d predict the Opening Day (only 64 more days!!!) lineup. Yes, I am fiending baseball that badly; this season has got to start soon, I’m dying over here…Without further ado, I give you your 2010 New York Yankees:
- Jeet, SS
- Grandy , LF*
- Tex, 1B
- A-Rod, 3B
- Georgie, C
- Johnson, DH
- Cano, 2B
- Swish Dog, RF
- Gardner, CF*
The starting rotation will be as such:
- Joba/Gaudin. I’m hoping it will be Gaudin because Joba belongs in the ‘pen. Knowing the Yanks, though, they’ll keep Joba in the rotation.
*I know Grandy was brought in to be the center fielder, but, mark my words, Gardner will be in center come Opening Day. He’s too fast to be a corner outfielder.
I can’t resist, here are a few links:
- What’s this guy’s problem? Doesn’t he know the Yanks are just trying to Winn?
- A little belated, but check out the best prospect of the past decade.
- Ouch. PECOTA has the Yanks missing the playoffs…despite winning 93 games. They never should have let Damon go!!!!
- Speaking of which, look who is learning to reap what he sows.