- It seems that noted windbag Curt Schilling is just “hitting the gym” and not preparing for a 2010 comeback. Shucks. Why won’t he bless us fans with his presence this season? If he would just come back for one more season we’d all be better people for having witnessed it. He’s like Tim Tebow…only more hateable.
- The Yanks have acquired Greg Golson (he of 7 career MLB plate appearances) from the Rangers. Don’t expect to see him in the Bronx, though, as he most likely will be a lifer in the Minors.
- Apparently, Nady is headed to the Cubbies and Ben Sheets to the A’s. Nady was solid (when healthy) in his short time in pinstripes, but he’s coming off his second Tommy John surgery. I don’t know how he netted a base salary of $3.3 million, but more power to him. Also, despite signing Sheets, the A’s are apparently still talking to Johnny Damon.
- Alan Nero, agent for Chien-Ming Wang, is confident that his client will get a major-league deal from some club for this season. Wang was solid for a few years for the Yanks and I wish him well (although that one game last April still haunts me). It’s a shame he won’t get to continue to pitch in the Bronx.
- RAB ranks the best fastball, curveball, slider, cutter and changeup on the Yankees.