The Yankees have brought Javy Vazquez (back) to the Bronx in exchange for Melky Cabrera, Mike Dunn and Arodys Vizcaino. The Yanks will also get lefty reliever Boone Logan in the deal. I’m all for bolstering up the pitching staff, and I think this was a good move, but remember what happened in Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS with Vazquez on the bump…Plus, what will Cano think about his best friend on the team leaving?
- The Yanks signed catcher Mike Rivera to a minor league deal.
- NYY was dealt a luxury tax of $25.69 million. The good news: it’s still lower than last year’s luxury tax!
- A-Rod’s hip to be square. The former goat will avoid a second surgery on his hip this offseason.
- Despite all the moves the team has made so far this offseason, they still might try to move Chad Gaudin or Sergio Mitre.
- It looks like Johnny Damon has found a new calling. That’s nice; it shows how far signing with Boras will get ya.